Welcome to Pentwater Township Library
Library Renovation to Begin!
Below is a timeline for the Library Refresh Project. Some of the features of the project include a remodel of the public restroom, upgrades to WiFi, new furnishings, carpeting, and paint and a reconfiguration of the library layout. To view the new floor plan click Library Refresh Project Floor Plan. Also click on the Newsletter tab for the Feb/Mar Newsletter with more information on the project.
- Last day the Library open - Friday, March 10
- Books, DVDs, Audio Books, Magazines can be checked out until March 10. Due date will be stamped for June 6. After March 10, all items are to be kept until the June 6 due date. Drop box will not be available.
- Remodel Timeline - March 13 to May 31
- The Library will be closed completely during this time.
- WiFi service will be interrupted.
- Computer, Fax, Copies will be unavailable.
- Zinio and Overdrive E-materials will be available. You will need your 4-digit account number and PIN to access. Contact the Library if you need these.
- Deliveries for MeLCat and Interlibrary Loan are suspended until library re-opens.
- Hart, Shelby, and Ludington libraries are available for your use.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our patrons.
Pentwater Library Wins National Recognition
If you have wondered just how good your library is, the Library Journal says we are one of the five best in Michigan. We are the newest member of the Star Libraries honored this year by the Library Journal.
In Michigan we joined the libraries in Ann Arbor, West Bloomfield, Kalkaska and Richland to be honored with the Star Library recognition. Of the more than 5000 public libraries in the country, only 260 libraries received the honor when the Library Journal announced the honorees in a cover story in the November issue.
Star Libraries win the prestigious honor with good numbers for library circulation, the number of people visiting the library, the number of people attending library programs, public Internet computer use and circulation of electronic materials. We have had growth in all of those areas, especially in the use of our electronic materials.
“We are certainly very proud to be named a Star Library by the Library Journal. It is an honor due to the hard work of our staff and the wonderful support from our community,” said Mary Barker, the Pentwater Township Library Director. “Most of the libraries that win this honor have done so for many years, but this is the first time for us,” she added. “The challenge now is to retain that honor in subsequent years.”
The library director said it is likely it will happen again. “We are very fortunate to be in a community that loves and supports its library.”
The Library Journal is a national library professional magazine that annually publishes and analyzes statistics that measure how well libraries throughout the country serve their communities.